Alan J. Schnirman, Counsel, has been actively concentrating his practice in the field of education law for over twenty-five years and regularly appears before state agencies and courts on behalf of New Jersey school districts. He also presently serves as a Superior Court of New Jersey appointed arbitrator.
Representing boards of education, Alan has appeared before the Office of Administrative Law, The Public Employment Relations Commission, the Division on Civil Rights, the Equal Opportunity Commission, and the Superior Court of New Jersey.
He served as a Legislative Aide to a New Jersey State Assemblyman and is actively involved in Union County governmental affairs. Alan served as counsel to the Union County Construction Board of Appeals and as a labor negotiator for the Union County Board of Social Services.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1971
- Monmouth University, B.A., 1968
- New Jersey, 1972
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 1972
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1990
- United States Supreme Court, 1977
- Union County Bar Association, President, 1990
- Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointment Review Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Association of School Attorneys
Professional and Civic Service Recognitions:
- AV® Preeminent™ rated lawyer by LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
- Piscataway Township, Council Member, 1977-1979
- Piscataway Township Planning Board, Chairman, 1977
- County of Union, Assistant County Counsel, 1988-1994
- Phi Alpha Delta, Legal Fraternity
- Seton Hall School of Law, Legal Services Clinic, Student Director