Alan J. Schnirman
Alan J. Schnirman, Counsel, has been actively concentrating his practice in the education law field for over twenty-five years and regularly appears before state agencies and courts on behalf of New Jersey school districts. He also presently serves as a Superior Court of New Jersey appointed arbitrator.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1971
- Monmouth University, B.A., 1968
- New Jersey, 1972
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 1972
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit,1990
- United States Supreme Court, 1977
- Union County Bar Association
- President, 1990
- Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointment Review Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Association of School Attorneys
Professional and Civic Service Recognitions
- AV® Preeminent™ rated lawyer by LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
- Council Member, Piscataway Township, 1977-1979
- Piscataway Township Planning Board
- Chairman, 1977
- Assistant County Counsel, County of Union, 1988-1994
- Phi Alpha Delta. Legal Fraternity
- Student Director, Legal Services Clinic, Seton Hall School of Law
Representing boards of education, Mr. Schnirman has appeared before the Office of Administrative Law and Public Employment Relations Commission, the Division on Civil Rights and the Equal Opportunity Commission and the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Served as a Legislative Aide to a New Jersey State Assemblyman, Mr. Schnirman is actively involved in Union County governmental affairs. He served as counsel to the Union County Construction Board of Appeals and as a labor negotiator for the Union County Board of Social Services.