Allan P. Dzwilewski
Allan P. Dzwilewski, Member of the Firm, concentrates his practice on the representation of school boards in all facets of education law, public sector labor law and employment law. He handles both federal and state litigation and acts as chief negotiator for boards of education in collective negotiations including arbitration proceedings. He also represents clients in civil rights and employment litigation and special education matters.
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 1973
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1968
- New Jersey, 1973
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 1973
- United States Supreme Court, 1992
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Labor Law Section
- Employment Law Section
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- New Jersey Association of School Attorneys
- Vice President, 1992-1995
- National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
- Associate Business Organization of New Jersey Association of School Business Officials
Professional and Civic Service Recognitions
- Knights of Columbus
- Boy Scouts
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer” by New Jersey Monthly Magazine
Mr. Dzwilewski has extensive experience before the Office of Administrative Law, Commissioner of Education, State Board of Education, Division on Civil Rights, the Public Relations Commission and National Labor Relations Board.
He lectures statewide on such topics as employment and labor matters, sexual harassment, student discipline, school residency and special education.
A partner of Green & Dzwilewski, he joined SSE&C as a partner in January 1997 upon the merger of the two firms. He had previously served for three years with the New Jersey School Boards Association as associate counsel, representing the collective interests of boards of education throughout the state on school-related legal and labor issues.
“Mixed-Motive Employment Discrimination Cases,” New Jersey Lawyer, July/August 1989 (co-authored with Paul H. Green)
Lascari v. Bd. of Educ. of Ramapo-Indian Hills Reg., 116 N.J. 30 (1989)
Somerville Board of Education v. Manville Board of Education, 167 N.J. 55 (2001)
IMO Petition for Authorization of Referendum on the Withdrawal of North Haledon from the Manchester Regional High School District, 181 N.J. 161 (2004)