Real Estate Law
SSE&C’s real estate practice attorneys provide expertise in all areas of real estate transactions. We offer an extensive range of services to our clients, regardless of the complexity or size of the transaction. SSE&C attorneys regularly represent entities of all types, including individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations in their land acquisition, sale and leasing of commercial and residential property. Clients receive economical and efficient service, whether a developer or an individual home owner or whether the properties involved are large tracts of raw land, a single family home, large condominium developments, multi-family apartment buildings, commercial offices or warehouse structures.
The SSE&C interdisciplinary team approach results in a more efficient and productive representation of the client. We continually monitor the progress of our clients’ matters and, where such assistance appears economical and beneficial, consult with other members of the firm’s legal staff in the business, litigation and tax law practice areas.
Examples of effective representation by SSE&C include:
- Representation of clients in real estate tax appeals
- Consultation on real estate tax planning (including Section 1031 exchanges)
- Representing commercial and residential land developers
- Representing commercial and residential landlords and tenants in their lease transactions, from lease preparation to negotiation of the lease terms
- Appearing before governmental authorities, including planning and zoning boards
- Representing prominent commercial financial institutions in commercial mortgage loan transactions, involving the preparation of complex commercial mortgage documentation and monitoring and guiding the client through the completion of the transaction
- Representing commercial institutional clients in instituting and processing foreclosure proceedings, through and including the sales of the foreclosed properties
- Representing major national loan servicers, in sales of foreclosed properties, both residential and commercial, throughout New Jersey
- Representing investors seeking to acquire foreclosed properties
Related Practice Areas