Land Use, Zoning, and Planning
Clients require the knowledgeable services of experienced counsel during the process of receiving regulatory approvals to use their property for its intended purpose.
Our land use practice area attorneys provide representation of SSE&C’s clients during all stages of a project, including appearances before governmental agencies and boards to obtain the necessary approvals for site plans, subdivisions, variances and other permits. We have experience in a variety of mixed-use projects involving construction of commercial and residential structures. Our attorneys routinely become involved in the creation of, or conversion to, condominium ownership, applications for permits and variances, and appearances before and appeals of decisions by planning and zoning boards. We also represent municipal zoning boards as well as county Historic Preservation and Green Acres Trust Funds, where we diligently perform and advocate land acquisition transactions for the preservation of open space.
There are specific reasons why our firm is routinely chosen to guide clients through the intricacies of the land use approval process, whether it is an individual, corporate entity or public institution seeking a variance, major or minor subdivision or an expansion. These include:
- Our detailed knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations
- Our ability not only to identify impending changes in land use regulations that impact development rights, but also to take the appropriate steps to protect client interests
- Our thorough understanding of the approval process at every governmental level
- Our ability to combine meticulous preparation with time-saving techniques to gain approvals as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Our integrated approach to projects which draws on related practice areas to provide a complete range of services on an “as-needed” basis
- Our credibility and goodwill with the various boards, agencies, and authorities
SSE&C’s attorneys possess a mastery of the skills needed to guide clients through the complex situations of environmental law, including approvals from regulatory agencies such as the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. Several of our attorneys counsel a number of public boards, enhancing our command of real estate and land use regulations and laws.
The increasing awareness of environmental concerns has caused land use laws and issues to expand vastly and affect other fields. For this reason, the resources and personnel of the firm in the interrelated fields of waste disposal, utilities regulation and litigation are constantly utilized to meet the ever-increasing needs of our clients.